Onsite Sewage Disposal System Contractors
Licensed Septage Haulers
There will be an
Onsite Sewage Disposal Systems Program Meeting
District Health Department No. 2
(Alcona, Iosco, Ogemaw and Oscoda Counties)
Tuesday, March 3, 2015 from 9:00 AM to 12:15 PM
Plainfield Township Hall
220 North Washington (M-65) in Hale, MI.
District Health Department No. 2
Frigid Fitness Wellness Challenge
February 16 —March 20, 2015
Don’t Let the Winter blues get you down! Let’s get moving Ogemaw County and start making healthy decisions today!!
- Track Your Physical Activity and Healthy Habits!!
- Jogging, Quitting Smoking, Healthy Cooking Classes…they all count!!
- Winning team in each category will receive a plaque if you have the most Wellness Miles!
- Individual, Family, Business, - choose your category an register today!
Participants will receive a water bottle as well as weekly tracking log that can be turned in at a variety of locations. Turn your logs in every week to receive a T-shirt and be entered to win a FitBit Charge at the end of the program. Wellness miles accumulate in a variety of ways so make sure to check your activity to mile conversion chart provided to make sure your miles are adding up!
Pick up your registration form at District Health Department No. 2
630 Progress St. West Branch, Click below.
Call 989-343-1852 for more information!
District Health Department No. 2 is currently accepting appointments for flu shots. Call 1-800-504-2650 to make an appointment.
District Health Department No. 2 would like to share the following information related to Ebola.
What is Ebola?
Ebola is a serious, rare viral infection. A person infected with Ebola is not contagious until symptoms appear. The time from exposure to when signs or symptoms of the disease appear (the incubation period) is 2 to 21 days, but the average time is 8 to 10 days. Ebola is not spread through the air or water. The virus spreads by direct contact with blood or bodily fluids of a person who is infected and showing symptoms. Because of this, health care workers and care givers to persons sick with Ebola are at highest risk for infection.
Signs and Symptoms of Ebola Include?
- Severe Headache
- Stomach Pain
- Unexplained hemorrhage (bleeding or bruising)
Who is at risk?
The most important part of finding out who is at risk is to ask about recent travel. Individuals who have been to Guinea, Liberia, or Sierra Leone are at an elevated risk.
- If you or a family member have recently traveled to the above mentioned West African Countries and are having flu like symptom you should contact your nearest hospital and or District Health Department No. 2 (800-604-2650) immediately
- Avoid Contact with the sick person's blood and body fluids as this is how Ebola is spread.
- Wash your hands after any contact with a sick person with soap and water (preferred) or an alcohol based hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol.
- Be prepared to provide public health officials with the names of anyone who has had recent contact with the sick person.
If you would like more information on Ebola, please visit:
Michigan Department of Community Health webpage: www.michigan.gov/ebola
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention webpage: www.cdc.gov.
Affordable Care Act:
District Health Department No. 2 has two Certified Application Counselors for help enrolling in insurance plans. To make an appointment, call 989-343-1826.
* Office Hours are 8:00 am - 5:15 pm Monday through Thursday * Call 1-800-504-2650 for an Appointment * Visit us on Facebook! *
District Health Department #2 is proud to offer home health care services to our community members. Services can be provided in a client's own home for older adults, children, and anyone in need of continued skilled or therapeutic care after an illness, injury, or surgery. Our program offers:
skilled nursing care, 24/7 on call
home health aide care
medical social worker visits
Please contact us today for more information:
Home Health Care
Program Director: Denise M. Bryan, M.P.A.
Direct Line: 989-343-1820 or
"On Call Pager": 1-877-802-4676