District Health Department #2

Serving Alcona, Iosco, Ogemaw & Oscoda Counties

West Branch office (989) 345-5020 · Tawas office (989) 362-6183 · Harrisville office (989) 724-6757 · Mio office (989) 826-3970 · Toll-free 1(800) 504-2650

Temporary Campground License

A license for a temporary campground may be obtained by persons who wish to establish a campground for 5 or more recreational units for public use.  Persons should contact the Health Department in the county in which they wish to have the temporary campground.

A temporary campground license is valid for two weeks and a two week extension may be available if permitted by the local health department. A 30 day period must extend in between temporary campground licenses.

Temporary campground license applications are available at the MDNRE web site for campgrounds (see link on the right) or at the local heath department office.  Fees are charged by the MDNRE for processing the license application and by the Health Department for inspection of the temporary campground.

Once the temporary campground application is submitted to the local health department, the Health Department staff will contact persons operating the facility to discuss licensing requirements and to arrange to visit and inspect the site.  If the site is in compliance with applicable rules  the Health Department will then sign and approve the temporary campground license.

The approved license must be conspicuously displayed at the temporary campground site.