Breastfeeding is the most natural, healthy, and loving gift a mother can give to her baby. District Health Department #2's Breastfeeding Peer Counselor Program provides specialized breastfeeding education, encouragement and support to pregnant and breastfeeding women and their infants. Peer Counselors are available for telephone consultations, hospital visits, & support groups, and also assist participants with breast pump use and provide outreach to hospitals and physicians on breastfeeding services.
Peer Counselor Information
Our breastfeeding peer counselors can assist new mothers with:
- What to expect when feeding their babies.
- Making plenty of breastmilk.
- Getting support from their family and friends.
- Feeling comfortable breastfeeding in public.
- Continuing to breastfeed after returning to work or school.
To set up an appointment with a DHD#2 breastfeeding peer counselor, please contact:
For Alcona and Iosco counties:
Office: 989-362-6183 x 1503
For Ogemaw and Oscoda counties:
WIC is an equal opportunity provider.