Breastfeeding is the most natural, healthy, and loving gift a mother can give to her baby. DHD2 is proud to announce that we have an IBCLC (International Board Certified Lactation Consultant), Ashley Selman, RN. Ashley specializes in helping mothers breastfeed and is available for consult at your convenience. Please contact your local WIC office if you have
questions or would like to set up an appointment with Ashley!
Peer Counselor Information
District Health Department No. 2’s Breastfeeding Peer Counselor Program provides breastfeeding education, encouragement and support to pregnant and breastfeeding women and their infants. Peer Counselors are women who live in the community and have breastfed their own baby. They are available for questions by phone, one-on-one education in the WIC office, and support groups.
What does a Peer Counselor Do?
- Listens to you
- Gives basic breastfeeding information
- Contacts you during your pregnancy to answer your questions
- Offers help and support after your baby is born
- Builds your confidence
- Encourages you when things don’t go as planned
Our breastfeeding peer counselors can assist new mothers with:
- What to expect when feeding their babies.
- Making plenty of breastmilk.
- Getting support from their family and friends.
- Feeling comfortable breastfeeding in public.
- Continuing to breastfeed after returning to work or school.
To set up an appointment with a DHD No. 2 breastfeeding peer counselor, please contact: