BCCCP/Women’s Healthcare & Wise Women
The Breast and Cervical Cancer Control Program provides services for:
- Women ages 40-64 who need breast and cervical screening or have been diagnosed with an abnormality in this area that needs further diagnosis or treatment services.
- Women ages 21-39 with an abnormal screening or Pap test OR clinical breast exam which requires breast/cervical diagnostic services.
- PAP Smear (when indicated)
- Referrals to healthcare providers for follow-up of abnormalities
- Support and assistance provided to INSURED women, less than 250% FPL, in addressing barriers that delay their access to breast/cervical screening, diagnosis and/or treatment services.
Worried that you can’t afford follow-up care for Breast or Cervical Cancer issues? Your insurance plan covered the mammogram, pap and now you are faced with a high deductible for your follow-up care. Call 1-800-822-0264 before starting care to see if you qualify for our help.
In the event of a diagnosis of breast or cervical cancer, a woman may be eligible for a special Medicaid program through the BCCCNP. If eligible, Medicaid will pay for all of her medical expenses for as long as she is being treated for breast or cervical cancer. Once treatment is completed Medicaid coverage will end through this program. The woman may be eligible (based upon age and income) for continued annual screening services through the BCCCNP.
To find out if you qualify, please call District Health Department No. 2 at 1-800-822-0264.