What is Community Connections?
Community Connections utilizes a proven Pathways Community HUB Institute model to help communities come together to support their under-resourced residents and to improve health and well-being.
- It’s a FREE program offering connections to community resources.
- There are no eligibility requirements – Anyone can participate in this program.
- Services are provided through phone calls, home visits, office visits, and community interactions.
- Services are delivered by a Community Health Worker, Registered Nurse, and/or Social Worker.
What is a Community Health Worker?
A community health worker is a frontline public health worker who is a trusted community member and has a close understanding of the community served. This relationship enables the worker to serve as a liaison between health & social services to facilitate linkage to community resources.
How can we help you?
- Finding you a doctor or dentists
- Finding transportation
- Enrolling you in health insurance
- Answering questions about wellness or being sick
- Getting food or a place to live
- Buying, fixing and eating healthy food
- Your concerns about abuse or violence in your life
- Answering questions about family planning (birth control)
- Finding translation services
- Educational advancements like GED classes, college courses
- Employment opportunities and trainings
How to Refer
- You may refer yourself or someone else.
- Click here to choose the right HUB based on where you live – complete questions and submit. Someone from our Team will reach out to you within 3-5 business days.
- You may also call District Health Department No. 2 directly at 1-800-504-2650.