COVID-19 Vaccine Information
COVID-19 Third Dose (“Booster”) Vaccines
Currently, the Center’s for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is recommending that moderately to severely immunocompromised people receive an additional dose of only the Pfizer or Moderna mRNA vaccine. This includes people who have:
- Been receiving active cancer treatment for tumors or cancers of the blood.
- Received and organ transplant and are taking medicine to suppress the immune system.
- Received a stem call transplant within the last 2 years or are taking medicine to suppress the immune system.
- Moderate or severe primary immunodeficiency (such as DiGeorge syndrome, Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome).
- Advanced or untreated HIV infection
- Active treatment with high-dose corticosteroids or other drugs that may suppress your immune response.
At this time, an additional dose of the Johnson & Johnson (Jansen) COVID-19 vaccination is not recommended until further guidance is issued from the FDA and CDC. You should receive a third dose of the type of vaccine you received originally. We encourage all individuals to consult with your health care provider to ensure a third dose is recommended.
PLEASE ONLY CALL TO SCHEDULE FOR A THIRD DOSE IF YOU MEET THE CONDITIONS LISTED ABOVE OR YOUR HEALTH CARE PROVIDER FEELS YOU SHOULD HAVE A THIRD DOSE AT THIS TIME.
COVID VACCINATION SCHEDULING
ANYONE 12 AND OLDER CAN NOW SCHEDULE A VACCINATION APPOINTMENT AT DHD2 BY CALLING 1-800-504-2650.
HOMEBOUND Vaccinations: DHD2 will soon begin providing an opportunity for in-home vaccination against COVID-19. This assistance is for individuals who qualify as homebound: someone who needs help leaving the home or for whom it is not medically advised to leave the home, and for whom trips away from the home would require considerable effort. If you would like to express interest in receiving a COVID-19 vaccination in your home, CLICK HERE to complete the form.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY:
- Clinics may be held at multiple locations. Please be sure to the location for which you are making an appointment for.
- You will be scheduled for your second dose (if applicable) at your first dose appointment.
- Cancelations or adjustments to appointments can be made by calling 1-800-504-2650.
- Please bring a government issued photo ID (e.g., drivers license, passport, etc.) and any insurance cards you have. If you have Medicare, please bring your Medicare card even if you have a Medicare Advantage plan.
- Please wear a short-sleeved shirt to your appointment